A new video series focused on introducing SAP Fiori elements — a set of common page types designed to accelerate SAP Fiori app development by providing standardized user interfaces (UIs) — is currently underway. The series, presented by the very same UX Engineering team at SAP that builds it, answers these fundamental questions:
- What is SAP Fiori elements?
- What page types does SAP Fiori elements support?
- How do I use SAP Fiori elements to build simple apps?
While SAP Fiori elements is a development tool, the series isn’t just focused on a developer audience. The series also has content for designers and product managers/owners.
For designers: The series will deliver an overview of the tool’s capabilities, as well as tips for determining when SAP Fiori elements is a good fit for a project. Designers can then recommend the tool when appropriate and focus on custom designs when needed.
For product managers and product owners: This series will act as a primer on the features and functionality of SAP Fiori elements and give them enough knowledge to know when to recommend it to build standard apps, creating cost savings.
If you want to learn about how SAP Fiori elements is more than a developer tool, you can read this blog on the SAP community: SAP Fiori elements is for designers and product managers, not just developers.
If you’re ready to get started with SAP Fiori elements or just want to learn a little more about it, you can watch the series on the SAP UX Engineering channel. The initial run of nine videos will be released weekly, focused on the following topics:
Note: Planned release dates are subject to change at any time. We will update this list as more videos become available.
- Introducing SAP Fiori elements
- Introducing Overview Pages
- Introducing List Report and Object Pages
- Introducing Analytical List Report Pages
- Understanding OData and Annotations
- Turning OData into Applications
- Creating Overview Pages
- Creating List Report and Object Pages
- Creating Analytical List Report Pages