What is a Usability Testing?
Usability testing is a method by which users of a product are asked to perform certain tasks in an effort
to measure the product’s ease-of-use, task time, and the user’s perception of the experience. Usability testing can be done onsite at one of SAP’s Usability Labs, via remote testing by invitation or at one of our SAP Global Design Enablement Usability Testcenters located at events.
Is it like a demo?
No, these are not demonstrations, This is an exclusive opportunity for SAP customers, partners and prospects to test new and existing products and solutions. In these one-on-one sessions you will work directly with design prototypes and give on-the-spot feedback directly to the product teams who design the solution.
How long does a usability session take?
Depending on the event, usability testing sessions will last either 60 or 90 minutes.
Why does SAP Usability Test @ Events?
Because that is where the largest, most diverse Customer and Partner profiles can located and matched up with SAP Teams at one location.
What does a mobile usability testing session look like?
A picture is worth a thousand words.
What events does the Global Design Enablement Usability Testcenter currently provide usability testing at?
Below is are the events we currently provide usability testing at:
|Time of year|
|SFIN & GRC Conference||
|SAPPHIRE/ASUG Annual Conference||
|May through June|
|SAP Analytics User Conference||
|September through October|
|DSAG (German User Conference)||
|September through October|
|SAP TechEd & d-code Europe||
|October through November|
|UK & Ireland SAP User Group||
How can I participate?
SAP Employees: If you would like to submit your topic for testing at one of our events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be added to the Usability Testing @ Events email distribution list.
Customers & Partners: Below is a list of the dates and locations where our Usability Testcenter will be. You have to be a conference attendee in order to participate in Usability Testing in our mobile lab. When registration is live, simply click onto the registration link below to find available testing topics and times.
Link to SFIN & GRC Conference: Will be live by February 19
Link to ASUG Annual/SAPPHIRE Now: Will be live by April 2
Upcoming Events (2018)
• SFIN & GRC Conference April 25-26, Frankfurt, Germany Expected Attendance 500
• ASUG Annual Conference/SAPPHIRE NOW June 5-7, Orlando, Florida Expected Attendance 16,000
CFP for Topics opens January 29 – February 16
• SAUG (SAP Australia User Group) National Summit August 20-21, Sydney, Australia (Tentative-In Review)
• TechEd US October 1-5, Las Vegas, Nevada (Tentative-In Review)
• DSAG Annual User Conference October 16-18, Leipzig, Germany Expected Attendance 3,600
CFP for Topics opens May 28 – June 15
• SAP TechEd EMEA) October 23-25, Barcelona, Spain Expected Attendance 3,600
CFP for Topics opens June 18– July 6
• TechEd Bangalore – Fall dates TBD (Tentative-In Review)
• UKISUG (UK& Ireland SAP User Group Conference) November 11-13, Birmingham, UK Expected Attendance 550
CFP for Topics opens July 23 – August 10
We hope to see you in one of our upcoming GDE Usability Testcenters soon.
Global Design Enablement Usability Testcenter Manager