Iconography is essential to creating a cohesive and enjoyable app experience. Icons play a crucial role in communicating actions, information, feedback, and navigation. By providing a comprehensive icon library, our goal is to enhance the accessibility and overall ease of use of our customers’ apps.
- Use SAP Fiori for iOS icons as a set
- Use icons to efficiently communicate important actions to users
- Use icons to indicate navigation actions to other screens
- Leverage icons in order to make effective use of screen real estate
- Do not use icons from other sources
- Do not place icons too close together
- Do not place icons with half pixel increments
- Do not use light-colored icons against light backgrounds
The SAP Fiori for iOS icon library combines our Fiori design language with visual patterns from the iOS icon library. This allows us to have a robust collection that offers the familiarity, accessibility, and cohesiveness SAP customers expect from native iOS apps.
These principles define our icons:
By designed based on these principles, we ensure our icons communicate efficiently, form a cohesive collection, and look beautiful.
SAP Fiori for iOS icons are organized as icon sets based on their function, size, and placement within an app. The following sets are currently in our icon library.
Launch icons play an essential role in making our SAP customer apps look beautiful. That said, they should clearly communicate to the user the app’s main purpose. Launch icons may follow the SAP Fiori for iOS branding guidelines or they may be themed using the customer’s own branding. Launch icons are found in the app store, on the home screen, in system settings, and in search results.
As part of the new SAP Fiori for iOS icon library, we want to better organize the process of requesting icons. To propose an icon concept, please provide the following information:
- app name
- icon name
- screenshot of placement
- description of icon use case
Once we review the use case, we may validate the use of an icon or may offer other recommendations. You can request icons by sending this information to SAP Fiori for iOS icons.