Use the object identifier if:
- You want to indicate the key identifier of the object.
Do not use the object identifier if:
- You intend to use it for decoration.
The object identifier text wraps when the screen size becomes too small to display the full text on one line.
The object identifier is characterized by the following:
- A title text (property: title)
- The title can be set to active, in which case, it looks like a link and can fire an event (property: titleActive).
- The object identifier should be easily readable, preferably with just the display text but no ID. If the ID is necessary to distinguish between items that use the same title, it should appear in brackets, such as “Product ABC (1234567)”. Whether you include the ID in the text property can also depend on how long you expect the text to be.
- The object identifier can also be represented as a link, in which case, the event would open the quick view of the object.
Want to dive deeper? Follow the links below to find out more about related controls, the SAPUI5 implementation, and the visual design.