Before using the info label, consider whether you are highlighting a characteristic of an object or displaying a status of an operation or transaction. This distinction is particularly valid if you would like to display the state of an object.
Consider the following example. You have an object or a system that is currently working as intended. Its state is therefore Running. You decide to perform a Stop operation to prepare it for replication. The status of the Stop operation is a success. As a result, the system state changes to Not Running. In this case, Running and Not Running are system states and should use the info label. The success of the Stop operation is a status and, if displayed, should use the object status control.
Use the info label if:
- You are designing an administration or monitoring application for the SAP Cloud Platform tool landscape.
- You want to highlight a characteristic of an object.
Do not use the info label if:
The info label supports various styles based on its content, chosen highlight, and usage.
The info label can be used in any control and in a number of ways. In general, follow the principles below for best results:
- Use different colors for different characteristic values.
- Use narrow render mode for numeric values for better visuals.
- Use display mode for forms in display mode.
Want to dive deeper? Follow the links below to find out more about related controls, the SAPUI5 implementation, and the visual design.