You bring your own use case to this SAP Fiori Makers’ Design Boot Camp and together with our SAP designers, you’ll learn how to apply the SAP Fiori design language to create a great user experience for your end-users. This is a pure “learning by doing” workshop. At the end of it, you’ll have a validated design prototype as a great starting point for your development or – if you need to convince your stakeholders first – for your next project steering meeting. The value proposition for this workshop is simple: The best SAP Fiori Designers in the world – for 3 days.
Register for the next SAP Fiori Makers’ Design Boot Camp on June 13-15 in New York:You register as a team. The minimum size of a team is 3 participants. Teams can have 5 participants max. Bigger teams will be split. Each team will be coached by designers from SAP. Teams must bring experts on the use case and user needs, and technical aspects of the envisioned SAP Fiori app.
Christian Geldmacher explains the SAP Fiori Makers’ Design Boot Camp (while he grows an SAP Fiori Makers beard 🙂
|Lead of the SAP Fiori Makers Community|
Participants of the previous Design Boot Camp in Copenhagen say:
|Technical Project Manager||
SAP Fiori Consultant/
- A Persona of your primary end-user
- A Storyboard that explains the envisioned usage of the Fiori application and the related work context.
- Mock-ups of the planned Fiori application (depending on the complexity of the use case this can be high or low fidelity mock-ups)
- Validation results from an end-user validation conducted on Day 3 of the workshop
- #1 Day / June 13 – Learn general design basics and best practices on SAP Fiori floorplans. Discuss your use case in detail with your team and start with your conceptional design. At the end of day 1, we share the Persona and Storyboard with the other participants.
- #2 Day / June 14 – In a short session, you learn and get recommendations about design tools to create Fiori design prototypes. Most of the day, you spend in your team designing your Fiori app.
- #3 Day / June 15 – You learn how to conduct user validations and prepare your design prototype. You validate it with your end-users in a virtual session and use the input for a first iteration of your SAP Fiori app design. At the end of the day, you present your final results.
Prerequisites to join the Design Boot Camp
- Register as a team
As we will work in teams per customer / partner, and each team will be coached by a designer, please register as a customer / partner team consisting of 3 – 5 people.
- Know your use case and end-user needs
You have conducted end-user research and you know the user needs (optimal: You have a “Persona” explaining your end-user’s goals and needs) and the use case in detail. To concentrate on design, we will conduct individual calls with you to understand your use case BEFORE the Boot Camp.
- SAP Fiori Basic Knowledge
You have basic knowledge of SAP Fiori. Get familiar with the SAP Fiori Guidelines (general section) and Fiori learning resources:
- Get Started section of the SAP Fiori Design Guidelines and A Beginner’s Guide
- Design-related chapters of the openSAP course “Build Your Own SAP Fiori App”