The latest version of SAP Screen Personas, version 3.0 SP07, now contains a complete, end-to-end mobile development environment. The SAP Screen Personas editor now runs inside the Slipstream Engine and includes a mobile preview window with a list of all the most common devices. And, since you are building your flavors using the Slipstream Engine, there is no fine-tuning required when you render them on phones or tablets. This complete system is a great foundation for building low-code mobile apps.
Among the 150+ improvements we made in SP07, we introduced a new feature called “Viewports”. This new feature simplifies the display of complex screens by breaking them into smaller parts that render on the limited screen real estate of phones and tablets. Viewports can be used to create wizard-like functionality, where you can guide users through each step of a business process. In short, Viewports:
- simplify complex screens for your users
- improve loading time and performance by limiting the data transfer to the back-end for each screen
- make it easier to develop and maintain flavors for complex transactions by minimizing scripting
The initial implementation of Viewports is a set of commands that run in the scripting engine. We plan to create a more visual way to use viewports in a future release.
See SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP07 at SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG Annual Conference
- Wednesday, June, 6, 2018, 11:00 am – 12:00 noon
SAP Screen Personas as Part of the SAP Fiori User Experience: See how to build SAP Fiori-inspired flavors that run on your desktop, tablet, or phone. We will discuss how to create a seamless user experience and go live with SAP Fiori-inspired screens within weeks, often with no development resources.
- Wednesday, June, 6, 2018, 2:30pm – 3:30 pm
Roundtable: Going Mobile With SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA Using a Mix of SAP Screen Personas and SAP Fiori Apps: Join this roundtable discussion on how to render classic SAP ERP transactions on your tablet or phone. The presenters will discuss how to select the right technology to balance functionality, time to value, development cost, and maintenance costs.
- Read full system requirements
- Learn about the Slipstream Engine, introduced in SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP6
- Upgrade to SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP07 (requires valid NetWeaver License).
- Take the free Introduction to SAP Screen Personas openSAP course to get a foundation for starting your project or extend your knowledge with the Using SAP Screen Personas for Advanced Scenarios openSAP course to go deeper into how to use the product.
- Suggest what you would like to see in SAP Screen Personas SP08 and beyond.