The message strip is a control that is used as an information bar. It contains information about an object or a status and can be embedded within the detail area of an object or page.
Use the message strip if:
- You want to provide information within the detail area of an object.
- You want to inform your user about a status of an object.
- You want to warn your user about an issue.
Do not use the message strip if:
- You want to display information within the object page header, within a control, in the master list, or above the page header.
The message strip is fully responsive. Icons within the message strip are displayed to the left (custom icons) or right (Close action) of the message. Text and links behave differently and wrap.
If you place the control within the detail area, it will always use 100% of the width and react to the responsiveness of the container.
Behavior and Interaction
sap.m.MessageStrip is limited to the following properties:
- Property:showIcon – Allows you to display an icon before the text
- Property:customIcon – Allows you to display an icon from the icon library
- Property:type – Changes the semantic color and the icon in front of the message strip
- Property:text – Adds text to the control
- Property:link – Adds a link
- Property:showCloseButton – Adds a Close button
Want to dive deeper? Follow the links below to find out more about related controls, the SAPUI5 implementation, and the visual design.