The SAP Fiori elements object page template supports the features and settings for the object page header detailed below.
For design information, see the Object Page Floorplan guidelines and the links below.
Behavior and Interaction
|Expanded State||Default on initial load|
|Collapsed State||Default on scroll|
|Header Content Displayed in the Header Content Area and the Header Section||Default in create and edit modes|
|Header Content Visible||Default, you can hide it.|
|Header Content Hidden||Available|
|Making Header Fields Editable||Available|
|Highlighting Values Based on Criticality||Available|
|Dynamic Page Header||Mandatory, it must be configured.|
|Title||Mandatory, you must define it.|
|Subtitle||Available, you define the text.|
|Object Marker||Default in draft-enabled applications|
|Paging Buttons on the First Object Page||Available with SAP Fiori elements for OData V2 only|
|Paging Buttons on the First Subobject Page||Default under certain conditions|
|Edit and Delete||Default, when the data allows these actions.
You can turn one or both actions off.
|Related Apps Menu Button||Available|
|Display Saved Version/Return to Draft Button||Available with SAP Fiori elements for OData V2 only|
|Generic Actions||Default: Share is turned on.|
|Application-Specific Actions||Available, they must be configured.|
|Order of Toolbar Actions
Application-specific actions display to the left of the Edit and Delete buttons. Generic actions display to the right.
Within the application-specific action and generic action groups, you can order the actions relative to each other.
Additional Content (Optional)
|Simple Header Facets||Available with SAP Fiori elements for OData V2 only|
|Plain Text Facets||Available|
|Micro Chart Facets||Available|
|Address Facets||Available with SAP Fiori elements for OData V2 only|
|Header Field Group||Available|
|Rating Indicator Facets||Available|
|Progress Indicator Facet||Available|
|Key Value Facet||Available|
Behavior and Interaction
Display of Header Content
In display mode, the header content area displays all the header content.
In edit and create modes, the header content is displayed in two places:
- The header content area, at the top of the page, displays uneditable header content. By default, all header content is uneditable. You can make specific fields editable. See Making Header Fields Editable below.
- The Header section, the first dynamic section in the content area, displays editable header content. It’s only present in the edit and create modes.
For more information, see Dynamic Page Header (Mandatory).
Header Content Visibility
By default, header content is visible.
You can set the following header components or selected content, fields, or actions in them to be displayed or hidden, according to the object’s state:
- Entire header facets
- Content, such as fields, in a header facet
- Content in quick views
With Fiori elements for OData V2, you can set:
- The header to be displayed in edit mode.
- Header facets to be visible in edit mode.
Making Header Fields Editable
You can make fields in the object page header editable in edit mode.
Highlighting Values Based on Criticality
You can assign colors and icons to text to indicate the criticality of a field value.
By default, with:
- SAP Fiori elements for OData V2, the title area is empty.
- SAP Fiori elements for OData V4, the title area displays the text: (Unnamed Object).
A breadcrumb is displayed above the object title.
The object marker indicates the object is locked by another user in draft-enabled applications.
The image is an avatar control. By default, it has a square shape.
You can set:
- An image to display instead of the avatar.
- The avatar to a have a circular shape.
When no image is set or found for the avatar, the avatar initials are displayed.
If those are not set or found either, an icon for the avatar is displayed:
- A square avatar for a product
- A circular avatar for a person.
For more information on the logic used for displaying an object, consult the development team and see Using Images, Initials, and Icons.
By default, with both SAP Fiori elements for OData V2 and V4, the paging buttons appear in the subobject page of applications that use the dynamic page layout in the following conditions:
- The user has navigated from a table in the object page to the subobject.
- The table in the object page contains at least two items.
With SAP Fiori elements for OData V2, you can:
- Enable the paging buttons to show on the first object page opened from a list report.
- Disable the default display of the paging buttons on the subobject page.
Edit and Delete
By default, these actions are displayed when the data in the object page allows them.
- Set each enabled action to be displayed or hidden based on certain conditions in the back end. For example, you can hide the actions for a sales order that has already been paid.
- Disable the actions.
Related Apps Menu Button
You can enable the Related Apps menu button. It displays the actions available on the same object in different applications. Users select the action to open the same object in another application.
You can also hide specific actions in the menu.
Display Saved Version / Return to Draft
With SAP Fiori elements for OData V2, you can display this button on the object page to allow users to choose between a display of the saved or the draft version of the object page record:
- Display Saved Version displays the last saved version of the object page record.
- Return to Draft displays the object page in edit mode.
This feature is enabled at the application level and also displays the Hide Draft Values / Show Draft Values button in the list report toolbar for the table that displays the objects.
The selection in the list report determines the state of the object that opens when the user navigates to the object page:
- From a list report with Hide Draft Values selected, the object page opens with the last saved version of the record. If a draft record exists, the object page also shows the Return to Draft button.
- From a list report with Show Draft Values selected, the object page opens in edit mode for drafts and shows the Display Saved Version button.
When the user navigates back to the list report, it displays with the previously selected state.
You can include the actions required for your use case.
The header toolbar displays application-specific actions to the left of the generic actions.
Order of Toolbar Actions
By default, the header toolbar displays application-specific actions to the left of the Edit and Delete buttons and generic actions to the right.
- Specify the order of application-specific actions relative to each other.
- Assign generic buttons a high importance so they display to the left of the Edit and Delete buttons after the application-specific actions.
For more information, see:
Simple Header Facets
With SAP Fiori elements for OData V2 only, you can use a simple header facet to show simple data points that align horizontally across the header.
Plain Text Facets
You can use the plain text facet to display a continuous text in the header.
For more information, see Plain Text Facet.
You can enable a quick view for a contact.
For more information, see Quick View.
Micro Chart Facets
You can display the following microcharts in the header:
- Area micro chart
- Bullet chart
- Radial chart
- Column chart
- Line micro chart
- Harvey ball chart
- Stacked bar chart
For more information, see Micro Charts.
With SAP Fiori elements for OData V2 only, you can display an address such as a shipping address.
Header Field Groups
You can define fields to display together in a facet. For example, for the product object, in the General Information section, you can include the fields quantity, weight, and supplier.
Rating Indicator Facets
You can add a rating indicator to the header. It is read-only in both display and edit modes.
By default, the maximum rating is five stars.
- Change the maximum rating.
- Specify more descriptive text for the subtitle.
With extensions, you can make the rating editable.
The rating indicator shows with the:
- Subtitle with the total number of ratings
- Rating shown with stars: Both the aggregated and non-aggregated single rating types are supported.
The rating indicator moves into the header facet and appears with only the title in edit mode.
For an aggregated rating, the number of ratings is shown in parentheses after the stars.
For more information, see: