The SAP Fiori elements templates support the features and settings for table rows or inline items detailed below.
For design information see the table guidelines, starting with Table Overview, and the links below.
|Conditional Enablement of Navigation Buttons
|For list report and object pages:
|Single Item Selection
|Multiple Item Selection
|Item Limit for Multiple Selection
|200 by default, you can change the limit.
|Available in responsive tables only
|Messages for Critical Actions
|Default, replace the generic placeholder text with meaningful text for the user.
|Restrict Field to Read Only in a Table
|Available with SAP Fiori elements for OData V4
|Editing Status: Displayed in First Column
|Default for draft-enabled applications
|Quick Contact View
|Available with live box mode only
|Highlighting New Line Items
|Available with SAP Fiori elements for OData V2
Default with SAP Fiori elements for OData V4 for grid and responsive tables in draft-enabled applications
|Highlighting Line Items Based on Criticality
Responsive Table Only
|Multiple Fields in a Single Column
|Smart Micro Chart
You can define actions for table rows or inline items. The action types can be:
- Actions that occur in the system while the user stays on the list report screen, for example Approve or Reject.
- Actions that navigate to a different application, for example, when the user can open a purchase requisition from a specific purchase order in the table.
When a page contains a grid table, an analytical table, or tree table that leads to object or subobject pages, users can navigate to the object or subject page at row level. The Show Detail button is not displayed in these tables. Instead, users can click the navigation indicator: .
Conditional Enablement of Navigation Buttons
In list reports and object pages:
- With SAP Fiori elements for OData V4, you can enable buttons that navigate the user to another page or application based on the value of a specific field.
- With SAP Fiori elements for OData V2, this feature requires extensions.
For example, you can enable the Generate Purchase Order button only for sales orders with the completed status.
SAP Fiori elements for OData V2
By default, single selection is enabled and allows users to select one table row for a toolbar action, using a radio button.
You can enable multiple item selection so users can select multiple table rows for a toolbar action, using checkboxes.By default, the maximum number of items that the user can select at one time is set to 200. You can change the maximum.
SAP Fiori elements for OData V4
With the default “auto” mode, the application checks whether any actions in the table toolbar depend on item selection to be enabled. If not, in display mode, item selection is not possible. In edit mode, when the Delete action is enabled, multiple selection is also enabled.
Instead, you can enable:
- Single item selection in both display and edit modes, called “single” mode.
- Multiple item selection in both display and edit modes, called “multi” mode. When this mode is enabled, the Select All checkbox is also enabled by default.
- No item selection in display mode, and multiple item selection in edit mode, when a Delete action is available in the table toolbar. This is mode is called “none.”
By default, the maximum number of items that the user can select at one time is set to 200. You can change the maximum.
Both Versions of SAP Fiori Elements: Object Page
In an object page, you can enable multiple selection for all the tables on the page, or for specific tables only with both SAP Fiori elements for OData V2 and V4.
In responsive tables only, you can:
- Display an inline delete action.
- Prevent the deletion of certain rows.
In support of best design practices, SAP Fiori elements does not allow you to combine an inline delete action with a central delete action in the toolbar.
For more information, see Delete Single Item Rows.
You can define custom inline actions.
Because custom inline actions are grouped, you cannot control their exact display order. However, you can control which columns display the groups.
Messages for Critical Actions
For actions that you set as critical, you can display one of the following after the user triggers the action:
- A message toast confirmation
- A confirmation message box to check the users want to proceed with specific critical actions
Also, the backend can require a confirmation on some actions. In this case, the confirmation message is always shown in a message box.
|SAP Fiori elements for OData V2
|SAP Fiori elements for OData V4
|“Do you really want to execute the action <Action Label>?”
<Action Label> is the label shown on the button.
|“Do you really want to perform this action?
|“Are you sure you really want to activate this product?”
|“Are you sure you really want to activate this product?”
For more information, see UI Text Guidelines for SAP Fiori Apps.
You can include the display features described below in a table row or inline item.
With SAP Fiori elements for OData V4, you can set a field to display as read-only in a table, but set it as editable in another place on the UI.
By default, the table displays the editing status in the first column for draft-enabled applications.
You can also add the semantic key to the status.
The editing status reflects the state of the object or item in the processing cycle. For example, it can give the user information about the state of completion for the item or whether it’s currently available.
- For Unsaved Changes and Locked statuses, a popover displays the full name or technical name of the user who last changed the object when the name is available. “Another user” is displayed when it’s not.
- For Draft, Unsaved Changes and Locked statuses, a popover displays the user who last changed the item and the time of the change.
The user can change the placement of the column through table personalization.
For more information, see Tables.
You can add an inline, read-only rating indicator and define a maximum rating of up to five stars. By default, five stars is the maximum.
The number of stars displayed depends on the value of a field in the backend. Decimal values are rounded up or down and when the value after the decimal point falls between x.25 and x.74, it is represented by a half star.
With extensions, you can enable editing of the rating indicator
For more information, see Rating Indicator.
- Enable an inline progress indicator to visually represent the level of completion of a project or goal, for example.
- Set the progress measure as a percentage or an absolute number, for example 3 or 8.
- Configure the progress bar to reflect the state of progress with color, based on the criticality of the progress.
For more information, see Progress Indicator.
Highlighting Line Items
By default with SAP Fiori elements for OData V4, in draft-enabled applications, a newly created item in draft status is always highlighted in blue in grid and responsive tables.
Highlighting of new line items in draft-enabled applications is available with both SAP Fiori elements for OData V2 and V4.
You can also define highlighting and icons for line items based on their criticality.
After a newly created item is saved, it is highlighted according to the criticality, as follows:
- Green for success (criticality value 3)
- Yellow for warning (criticality value 2)
- Red for error (criticality value 1)
- No highlighting for no criticality (criticality value 0)
Display in Responsive Table Only
In a responsive table, you can include the display features described below in a table row or inline item.
Multiple Fields in a Single Column
You can combine multiple IDs, descriptions, and action buttons in a single column in a responsive table.
For example, you can display the following in a single column:
- Company name
- Company ID
- Items in Stock
- Progress Indicator for Items in Stock
- Overall value of the Items
- Multiple Action buttons that allow the user to both:
- Execute an action while staying on the list report page
- Navigate to other objects and applications
The visibility of a column that combines multiple fields and its position in the table can be changed.
When users export to a spreadsheet, only the first piece of information displayed in the column is exported.
Smart Micro Chart
- Add an inline micro chart.
- Set the chart to indicate the criticality of the data shown in the chart relative to target values or value ranges.
You can choose among the following micro chart types:
- Area micro chart
- Bullet micro chart
- Line micro chart
- Micro chart/smart micro chart
- Radial micro chart
- Stacked bar micro chart
For more information on chart types, see: Choosing the Correct Chart Type.