Use the color palette if:
- The user needs to select one color from a predefined set of colors.
- The color set contains between 2 and 15 predefined colors.
- There is no need to offer additional colors.
Do not use the color palette if:
To navigate between different colors on a keyboard, use the arrow keys.
- Show the selected color in another place. The color palette does not visualize the selected color.
- Label the color palette.
- If you do not want to show the color palette in-place, consider the color palette popover instead.
Want to dive deeper? Follow the links below to find out more about related controls, the SAPUI5 implementation, and the visual design.