The user can select one or more data points. They are generally selected to display related information about the respective points or to trigger actions that relate to them. There are several ways in which the user can select items.
The charts provide three types of selections:
In this mode, data points cannot be selected individually and therefore no actions can be triggered from a data point.
- When the user clicks or taps a data point, nothing happens.
- When a user with a mouse device hovers the pointer over a data point, nothing happens.
Shortcut for Multiselection
The following actions are shortcuts for selecting multiple data points:
- Click or tap a category label: All associated data points are selected.
- Click or tap a legend item: All associated data points are selected.
- Rubber-band-like lasso selection: All data points within the lasso are selected.
Clicking or tapping a selected item deselects it again.
Clicking or tapping a blank area of the chart deselects all data points that are currently selected.
Selected and non-selected items differ in terms of their appearance as follows:
- Selected items are highlighted by using a darker color.
- Non-selected items have a lighter color.
Want to dive deeper? Follow the links below to find out more about related controls, the SAPUI5 implementation, and the visual design.