This article provides an overview of the topics that have been added or changed with the guideline version 1.38. The content is based on the controls available with SAPUI5 version 1.38.
Highlights from Version 1.38 of the SAP Fiori Design Guidelines
New article! Mass editing allows users to change multiple (homogenous) objects simultaneously. By aggregating all values of each of these facets, users can quickly chose to either keep or overwrite them.
For more information, see mass editing.
Smart Templates, Floorplans & Frameworks
Analysis Path Framework
- Context-sensitive user assistance can be enabled for the APF configuration modeler.
- Users now have the option to choose the smart filter bar to configure global filters with the APF configuration modeler.
For more information, see analysis path framework.
New article! Overview of all VizFrame charts that may be used in the overview page, including correct usage, limitations, and recommendations for the following chart types:
- Line chart
- Bubble chart
- Donut chart
- Column chart
- Stacked column chart
- Vertical bullet chart
For more information, see analytical card.
Charts | sap.viz.ui5.controls.VizFrame
- Choosing the correct chart type helps you choose the correct chart type to represent data.
Learn more about the different chart types through new articles on:
- Semantic pattern explains how to use patterns like dashes, dots or hatches in order to distinguish between actual, projected, and reference values.
- Combined column and line with time axis.
- Combined column and line with time axis and dual axis.
- Hatched areas in columns, bars, stacked columns, stacked bars, bullets are now available to represent projected values.
- Ability to display the first and last value on top of a line chart.
- Improve visual design for hierarchies.
For more information, see chart.
Combo Box | sap.m.Combobox
New feature: Improved mobile handling. When the user taps on the dropdown arrow of the combo box, the option list opens in full width.
For more information, see combo box.
Input Field | sap.m.Input
New feature: Ability to add multiple values via copy/paste or drag-and-drop, and information on managing those values via value help dialog.
For more information, see input field.
Map Container | sap.ui.vk.MapContainer
New article! The map container is a predefined feature set for maps. It fits most use cases and makes it easier for app developers to work with maps.
For more information, see map container.
Menu Button | sap.m.MenuButton
New article! The menu button differs visually from a regular button by featuring an expand icon, which triggers a dropdown menu.
For more information, see menu button.
Responsive Table | sap.m.Table
New guideline: When used via keyboard, the responsive table now supports two different modes:
- Navigation (default, as before): For fast navigation around the app, with a short tab chain.
- Edit: For (mass) editing scenarios, with a long tab chain.
For more information, see responsive table.
Value Help Dialog | sap.ui.comp.valuehelpdialog.ValueHelpDialog
Updated guideline: The value help dialog now allows the user to select multiple values at once via copy and paste from a clipboard.
For more information, see value help dialog.
Variant Management | sap.ui.comp.variants.VariantManagement
New feature: The smart variant management now works as a page variant. It includes filter settings and table layouts in a single variant.
For more information, see variant management.
Range Slider | sap.m.RangeSlider
New article! The range slider is a user interface control that enables the user to select a value range in a predefined numerical interval.
For more information, see range slider.