This article provides an overview of the topics that have been added or changed with the guideline version 1.50. The content is based on the controls available with SAPUI5 version 1.50.
You can now create direct links to individual sections of a guideline page. Just hover over a heading until you see the link icon. Then click on the icon to see the URL for the section, which is selected and ready to copy.
SAP Fiori Launchpad
A new Configuration section has been added:
- Options for switching the personalized search on or off (user settings, system-wide configuration)
- Options available to development teams for fine-tuning the enterprise search
For more information, see Enterprise Search.
Other General Concepts
Manage Simple Objects
- This article now includes guidelines for “create” pages. With version 1.50, the former Create Page article is being deprecated.
- Updated images for master-detail pattern to the new flexible column layout.
For more information, see Manage Simple Objects.
- Added reference links for when to use the select or value help dialog
- Guidance on restoring content when the user interrupts selection of a new value by pressing Cancel.
For more information, see Mass Editing.
Layouts, Floorplans & Frameworks
SAP Fiori Elements
Introduction to SAP Fiori Elements
- The content has been revised to incorporate user feedback.
- A new Usage section has been added.
For more information, see Introduction to SAP Fiori Elements.
Dynamic Page Layout – Semantic Page
The position of the draft indicator in the footer toolbar has changed. It is now on the right, before the finalizing actions.
For more information, see Dynamic Page Layout – Semantic Page.
SAP Smart Business Framework
An example was added to show the interaction for a “threshold popover” when clicking on tiles with micro charts.
For more information, see SAP Smart Business Framework.
3D Viewport New!
You can use the 3D viewport control display simple and complex 3D objects in SAP Fiori. It also offers basic user interaction with the 3D environment and its objects.
For more information, see 3D Viewport.
- The donut chart can now show absolute values (by default) or relative values (%).
- It is now possible to have only header navigation in analytical cards.
For more information, see Analytical Card.
Feed and Notes
Responsiveness / Guidelines:
Hint added about the width of feed input or feed list items. They should not stretch across large or very large screens (L or XL).
For more information, see Analytical Table (ALV).
Line Chart New!
This new article for the line chart in the VizFrame library describes the line chart in more detail, including:
- When to use the line chart
- Default color palette
- Popover with details for a data point
- Selecting and using the right axes
- How to represent missing values
For more information, see Line Chart.
Network Graph New!
Network graph visualization is a method for displaying large, complex datasets in a spatial context (for example, a global supply chain). Records are displayed as nodes, and connectors (lines) show the relationships between them. Using network graphs can highlight important data dependencies that might otherwise be overlooked.
For more information, see Network Graph.
- In addition to the fixed node layout, the process flow now offers a freestyle layout, which starts off with an empty node container. This gives applications the freedom to tailor the flows specific to their use cases.
The following parts of the Guidelines section were updated:
- A new Selection section describes the different selection modes.
- Table Title: Additional development hint on accessibility when tables do not have a title.
- Content Formatting: New images have been added for formatting the link text for the object identifier.
For more information, see Responsive Table.
Status Indicator New!
The status indicator is a new control that shows values as fill levels within a pictogram (icon). By using a pictogram that fits the context, you can help users understand the meaning of the status at a glance, without referring back to labels.
For more information, see Status Indicator.
The upload collection control now supports folder hierarchies, similar to a file browser or popular web storage providers. Folders can be created, deleted or renamed.
For more information, see Upload Collection.
The favorites popover only shows standard variants and variants created by the user. Shared variants created by other users are not shown.
For more information, see Variant Management.
Visual Filter Bar
Images have been updated to reflect the implementation status for SAPUI5 version 1.50.
Services and Resources
The following items have been added or updated in the stencils download package:
- SAP Fiori Launchpad (update)
- Analytical List Page (update)
- Full Screen (Removed) -> deprecated
- Overview Page (update)
- Overview Page – Table Card, Quick View Card (update)
- Split Screen (Removed) -> deprecated
- Wizard (update)
- Button (update)
- Form (update)
- Filter Bar (update)
- Planning Calendar Legend New!
- Process Flow (update)
- Quick Confirmation Popover New!
- Quick View (update)
- Slider New!
- Smart Link New!
- Status Indicator New!
- Upload Collection (update)
- Variant Management (update)
- Visual Filter Bar (update)
- SAP Icon Font (update to version 3.9)
For more information, see Design Stencils.