A link, also known as a hyperlink, is a clickable text element. The link control is used for navigation.
- Make sure the link opens the target.
- If a link isn’t working, remove it.
- Wrap link text if needed.
- Use a meaningful link text that indicates what will happen or what the user will see after clicking the link.
- When a link is integrated in a sentence with other non-clickable text, make sure that the font and size of the link is the same as the other text (usually 12px/1rem).
- In More Information links that navigate the user to see more information, make sure that the link size is smaller than other description text.
- Don’t provide broken links.
- Don’t disable links.
- Don’t use links to trigger actions.
- Don’t emphasize a link.
- Don’t truncate a link, even if it’s long.