The standard input field is a free text control which allows users to enter and edit text or numeric values in a single line.
- Use the input field control if the user needs to enter a short, single-line text or number, password, URL, phone number, or e-mail address.
- By default display a label, unless the input field is next to another control that already has a label.
- If you need to show a warning or error message related to this field, use the relevant state in the API properties.
- Don’t use an input field if you want the user to enter dates or times. In this case, consider using the date picker, date range selection, and time picker.
- Don’t use an input field if you want the user to enter long texts. In this case, consider using the text control.
- Don’t use an input field if the user needs to select multiple values. In this case, consider using the or the controls.