Images are not only for decoration. They can be a powerful way to capture the user’s attention and communicate your message. You can use the image control to integrate images into your apps. Images are visual representations of objects or functions.
Images can be used in various locations in the app, such as in a list cell or object header, and also in the content area. App developers determine the most appropriate area. See the examples below.
- For accessibility reasons, provide each image with an alternative text in case the image is not available or cannot be displayed.
- Do not use placeholder images if you do not plan to replace them with real images.
- Do not use icons as images. There is a separate icon font for such cases, which consists of more than 500 scalable pictograms in SAP’s illustrative style.
- It is extremely important that you choose the right file format when saving your images. Three image formats are used consistently in browsers – PNG, JPG, and GIF.
- When choosing the format for your image, you should always be conscious of the image quality and file size.
- High-resolution images that are unnecessarily large in file size can drastically slow down page speed. Optimize your images in this case.